This brief summary of certain information in this Policy is intended to help you quickly understand who Data.xyz is, how you can opt-out of our database, and the potential outcomes of remaining in our database.
Data.xyz collects business contact and similar information related to individuals when they are working in their professional or employment capacity, and uses this information to create professional profiles of individuals and profiles of businesses. We provide this information to our customers, who are businesses trying to reach business professionals for their own business-to-business sales, marketing, and recruiting activities.
You can opt out of our database by visiting Do not Sell My Information.
However, if you prefer to email or call us, you can visit our “Contact Us” page.
By remaining in our database, you may be contacted by our customers when they are conducting their business-to-business sales, marketing, and recruiting activities. Communications you receive from our customers may be relevant to your profession or employment role, but we cannot guarantee that you will find such communications to be relevant or of interest to you.
2. How We Collect Information
2.1 Where does Data.xyz get the Business Information for its Business Profiles?
Data.xyz creates profiles of business people and companies, which we call “Professional Profiles” and “Business Profiles,” respectively. Once we have collected Business Information about a person or company, we may combine multiple data points regarding a single person or company into a Professional or Business Profile. The resulting directory of Professional and Business Profiles (the “Directory”) is then made available to the users of the Site and our customers and strategic partners. Business Information that may be provided in a Professional Profile includes name, email address including business and/or other email addresses (including “freemails” such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.), job title and department, phone number (general or direct business numbers, faxes, and/or mobile numbers), company name, postal address of company and business-related postal address of the person, employment history, and education history. Business Profiles may also include links to articles by, about, or quoting an individual, and links to an individual’s social media profiles.
Data.xyz obtains the data for its Business Profiles in several ways, including:
- a. Our search technology scans the web and gathers publicly-available information.
- b. We license information from other companies.
- c. Our users and customers contribute information about themselves or other people and companies.
- d. Through market research surveys, phone interviews, and other research conducted by our in-house research team.
2.2 Customer Information
2.2.1 Customer Information Collected: Data.xyz may collect the following information from or regarding its customers –
- a. Personal contact information regarding users of the Services;
- b. Information uploaded or otherwise provided to our system by a user;
- c. Usage logs regarding the use of the Site and Services, including logins and other actions taken, time stamps, IP address, and other usage data and,
- d. Any other information from or relating to users of our Services
Certain users may be provided access to the Site through a company’s license agreement. Such company may require that one or more users have global rights to access any and all information of every user that has access through that company’s Data.xyz account. Questions or concerns regarding the rights of other individuals in your company to access your information should be addressed to your company.
2.2.2 Use of Customer Information: Customer Information may be used for Data.xyz’s legitimate business interests in connection with a customer or its users’ use of the Site, including to respond to user inquiries and fulfil user requests, complete transactions, provide customer service, send administrative information, and to personalize user experience with the Site. We may use Customer Information to better understand our users in general and to test, develop, improve, and enhance our Services and Site. We may use Customer Information to contact customers or its user’s in the future about services, promotions, opportunities, and other general information about Data.xyz. We may use Customer Information to investigate and prosecute potential breaches of Data.xyz’s security or license agreements.
Data.xyz will not disclose Customer Information to any third party except in connection with a legitimate use as set forth in this Policy, in connection with a bona-fide legal dispute to which such information is relevant, in response to valid, compulsory legal process, in response to a valid data subject request where required by applicable law, or as otherwise required by law. Data.xyz will, whenever possible, obtain confidentiality agreements from any service provider to whom Customer Information is disclosed and ensure any recipient service providers are committed to employing appropriate technological security measures.
Data.xyz employs reasonable security and back-up procedures to protect Customer Information. However, in the unlikely event there is a loss or corruption of Customer Information, Data.xyz is not responsible or liable for such loss or corruption. We encourage our users to retain copies of all Uploaded Information on their own system.
2.3 How else does Data.xyz Collect Information?
2.3.1 Information submitted through our Site: Visitors to our Site may choose to submit their name, email address, phone number, and/or other information so that they can learn more about our Services. By accessing, using, and/or submitting information through the Site, including by filling out forms on our website, regardless of whether the form is ultimately submitted, a user of the Site consents to the practices described in this Policy with regard to the information collected about them. If you do not agree with this Policy, you should not submit any information through our Site and you must delete all cookies from your browser cache after visiting the Site and refrain from visiting or using the Site.
2.3.2 Managing Professional Profiles: Data.xyz allows any person to claim their Professional Profile and to update the information listed about them in their Professional Profile. We use the information submitted to update a Professional Profile solely for purposes of verifying such person’s identity, updating their Professional Profile information, and honoring such person’s privacy preferences. For additional information, see the “Your Choices” section below.
2.3.5 Referring a friend: If a user invites a friend to join Data.xyz, we will ask for such friend’s name and email address, and we will automatically send such friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site.
2.3.6 Purchasing our products and Services: Purchasers of our online subscription-based Services may need to provide credit card or other payment information. We will use that information solely for the purpose of fulfilling the purchase request. We will store credit card or other payment information in an encrypted form and will not sell, share, or use it again without prior consent.
2.3.7 Using our mobile applications: We collect certain information including your device type, operating system, location, platform used, device ID, and the date of last use, among other non-personally identifiable information, through the downloading and use of our mobile applications. We may also collect other information such as the user’s name, email, company name, and information about the user’s account with us. We may also collect calendar information such as calendar meetings, including meeting participants, meeting description, subject, and date and time of the meeting if a user enables our calendar integration. This information is collected to provide you with certain app features, such as meeting briefs with meeting and contact details within the app.
2.3.8 Connecting the Services to an email account or calendar: In order to provide certain Services, Data.xyz may require access to the user’s email account and/or calendar (e.g., through G-Suite or Office 365). Depending on the specific Services being used, we may collect email header information, email subjects, email bodies and attachments, and calendar meeting information such as meeting participants, meeting description, subject, and date and time of the meeting. Customers have control over what data is collected, including which mailboxes are connected, whether message attachments or content is collected, and which emails or email domains should not be collected. Data.xyz’s access to and use of information received from Google Accounts will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
2.3.9 From our affiliates: Data.xyz may obtain personal information from our affiliates, such as our current and future parents, subsidiaries or other companies under common control and ownership with Data.xyz. We may use this information to enhance the information that we already maintain and to improve the accuracy of our records, in addition to other purposes described in this Policy.
2.3.10 From third parties: Data.xyz may obtain personal information from third-party sources such as our service providers and strategic partners. We may use this information to enhance the information that we already maintain and to improve the accuracy of our records, in addition to other purposes described in this Policy.
2.3.11 Creation of aggregated information: Data.xyz may aggregate collected information about our users in a form that does not allow users to be personally identified for the purpose of understanding our customer base and enhancing the Site and the Services that we and our strategic partners and customers can provide you.
2.3.12 Automated information collection : We also collect information using cookies and similar technologies, as described below under the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section.
3. How we Use Information
In addition to the uses described in the above section, we may also use Business Information and/or personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- a. Provide, maintain, and improve the Site.
- b. Verify, cleanse, update, and maintain Business Information and other information provided through the Site or through the other methods described in this Policy.
- c. Provide and deliver the Services, process transactions, and send related information, including communications and invoices.
- d. Send technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- e. Respond to comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer support.
- f. Create Data.xyz account(s) and identify users signing in to their account.
- g. Communicate about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Data.xyz and others, and provide news and information.
- h. Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site.
- i. Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- j. Protect the rights and property of Data.xyz, our customers, and others.
- k. Personalize and improve the Site.
- m. Respond to requests from individuals to access, correct, or delete their information, or requests to exercise other rights related to their information under applicable law.
- n. Create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data, or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal and non-identifiable), which we or our business partners or customers may use to provide and improve our respective services.
- o. Comply with our contractual and legal obligations, resolve disputes with users, and enforce our agreements.
- p. Carry out any other purpose described at the time the information was collected.
4. How we Share Information
4.1 Disclosures of Business Profiles:We may make any Business Information that our users contribute for inclusion in our Directory, that we collect from public web sources, that we collect through market research surveys and phone interviews conducted by our in-house research team, that we license from third parties, or that we otherwise collect as described in this Policy available to users of the Site, to our strategic partners, and to our customers. Information provided, including Business Information, in creating or updating a Professional Profile, will be included in the Directory and thus can be viewed by third parties.
4.3 Disclosures to Service Providers: Data.xyz may from time to time disclose Business Information or other collected information to service providers, solely for providing functions related to our operation of the Site and provision of the Services and for no other purpose. For example:
- Data.xyz uses service providers to process credit card payments on our Site. Information such as name, billing address, phone number, email address, and credit card information will be submitted to service providers for verification and to manage any recurring payments.
- Data.xyz uses software hosted by a service provider to provide us with information regarding our visitors’ activities on our Site. When individuals visit our Site, that service provider may set cookies on our behalf and may receive information about such individuals’ browsing activity on our Site.
4.4 Disclosures for Legal Reasons: We may disclose collected information, including Business Information, to a third party if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or desirable:
- a. To comply with lawful requests, subpoenas, search warrants, or orders by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- b. To address a violation of the law;
- c. To protect the rights, property, or safety of Data.xyz, its users, or the public;
- d. To allow Data.xyz to exercise its legal rights or respond to a legal claim;
- e. To respond to data subject requests for access to data to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws.
4.5 Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company: If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the event of a merger or bankruptcy, information about you and/or information you provide to Data.xyz may be among the transferred assets.
4.6 Other Disclosures: Information about individuals who register for a Data.xyz event with a third-party speaker will generally be shared with the speaker and any third-party sponsors or partners of the event.
We post customer testimonials on our Site which may contain the customer’s name. We obtain consent from the customer prior to posting any testimonial. If a customer wishes to update or delete their testimonial, they can contact us.
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any content provided in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Individuals can request the removal of their personal information from our blog or community forum by contacting us at email@example.com . In some cases, we may not be able to remove the personal information, in which case we will let the requestor know that we are unable to do so and why.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most websites, including our Site, use a feature of browsers to set a small text file called a “cookie” on a computer. The site placing the cookie on a computer can then recognize the computer when the user of the computer revisits the site to allow auto login and track how the user is using the site.
When individuals visit our Site, our servers and/or those of our service providers automatically record certain information that the web browser sends, such as web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, page loads and clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, time and date of use, and other information. We may link this information to information that individuals submit while on our Site, which does allow such individuals to be personally identified.
Individuals are free to decline cookies and can configure their browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, erase cookies, or notify the user when a cookie is set. Electing to reject or disable cookies may substantially limit an individual’s ability to use our Site.
Data.xyz may also adopt other technologies that serve similar functions as cookies.
5.1 Third Party Cookies
- personalize visitors’ experience
- analyse which pages our visitors visit
- provide website features such as social sharing widgets
- measure advertising effectiveness
- track which areas of our site individuals visit in order to remarket to them
To disable or reject third-party cookies generally, please refer to the third-party’s relevant website or configure your browser settings appropriately. Individuals can also reject third-party analytics cookies by clicking the “Close” button on the cookie banner when visiting our Site.
5.2 Google Analytics
5.3 Web Beacons
Our Site contains electronic images known as “web beacons” (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used, and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
5.4 Advertising Choices and Control
To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit – do not sell my information.
6. Your Choices
6.1 How to Change or Delete Professional Information
6.1.1 Request Access to Information Data.xyz has collected: Individuals who want to access the information that Data.xyz has collected about them can click here to submit an access request. Once we have verified an individual’s identity, we will send a report with the information we have collected about such individual.
6.1.2 Remove Data.xyz Profile Completely: If you wish to completely remove your existing Professional Profile from the Directory, please click here. If you make this choice, your Professional Profile and the information within it will be removed from our search results as soon as possible.
6.2 How to Change or Delete Company Information
An individual who is an authorized representative of a business can also use Data.xyz’s Privacy Center to claim and update that business’s Business Profile.
6.2.1 Update a Business Profile on Data.xyz: An authorized individual can verify their Data.xyz Business Profile to update its company description, industry, company location, and more. Please click here to view, verify, and update a Data.xyz Business Profile.
6.2.2 Removal of Business Profiles: Data.xyz is a specialized web search engine focused on finding information about companies and professionals. We gather information about companies from corporate web sites, press releases, and/or SEC documents filed with the US government. The company summaries are created automatically by Data.xyz’s software based on the information we find on those documents and from other sources such as our affiliates, partners, or service providers.
As a company policy, Data.xyz does not remove company information from our search engine. If you are aware that any of the company information is incorrect, please update the Business Profile or visit “Contact Us”.
6.3 How to Opt-Out of Certain Uses of Information
Data.xyz gives individuals the opportunity to “opt out” of having their information used for certain purposes.
Individuals who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by visiting /unsubscribe. After we receive a request, we will send the requestor an email message to confirm that the individual has been unsubscribed.
7. How Do We Keep Information Secure?
Information security is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Data Retention
- As long as needed to provide users, our customers, or our partners the Services
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligation(s)
- As necessary to resolve disputes or to protect ourselves from potential future disputes;
- As necessary to enforce our agreements. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information and the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
After the retention period ends, we will delete the personal information. Where we are unable to do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are put in place to prevent any further use of such information.
9. Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Data.xyz. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When individuals leave our Site, we encourage them to be aware and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only to information collected by this Site or in the method(s) otherwise discussed herein.
10. Social Media Widgets
11. Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere outside the U.S.
Individuals who use our Site outside of the United States should understand that we may collect, process, and store their personal information in the United States and other countries in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of such individuals’ state or country.
11.1 Users in the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK, and Switzerland
The following information applies to residents of the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland.
Data.xyz endeavours to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as to any information in its possession regarding EEA-, UK-, and Switzerland-based persons (“data subjects”). As such, Data.xyz only processes personal information on data subjects where it has a lawful basis to do so, which may include the consent of the person (especially in the case of website visitors who provide their information), performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation, or the legitimate interest of Data.xyz or a third party. Data.xyz provides notice to all data subjects as required by GDPR Article 13 or 14, as appropriate, and honours the rights of data subjects provided in Articles 12-23, including the right to be forgotten. For any opt-out requests or other inquiries related to privacy, please visit “Do Not Sell My Information” or “Contact Us”.
11.1.1Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal information in various ways depending upon data subjects’ use of our Sites. We process personal information on the following legal bases:
- a. consent;
- b. as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services or other applicable agreements;
- c. as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- d. as necessary for the legitimate interests of Data.xyz and Data.xyz’s customers and partners to engage in direct marketing, sales, and recruiting activities, and Data.xyz’s legitimate interests in organizing and making available Professional and Business Profiles, given the limited impact that use of this Business Information and similar information presents to an individual’s private life.
Data.xyz has put in place safeguards to protect personal privacy and individual choice, including disclosures of its data processing activities, the use of consent or opt-outs wherever possible.
11.1.2 Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
11.1.3 Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. Per the applicable requirements of the GDPR, we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR, such as the UK or EU Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable.
11.1.4 Individual Rights: Individuals who are a resident of the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland are entitled to the following rights under the GDPR.Please note: In order to verify an individual’s identity, we may require them to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about them.
- The right to access, correction, and restriction of processing. Individuals have the right to request access to, and a copy of, their personal information at no charge, as well as certain information about our processing activities with respect to their data. Individuals have the right to request correction or completion of their personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Individuals have the right to restrict our processing if they contest the accuracy of the data we hold about them, for as long as it takes to verify its accuracy.
- The right to data portability. Individuals have the right to ask for a copy of their data in a machine-readable format. Individuals can also request that we transmit their data to another entity where technically feasible.
- The right to request data erasure. Individuals have the right to have their data erased from our Site if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, they withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or their fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to object to our processing. Individuals have the right to object to our processing if we are processing data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
12. California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of their personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send the request, by mail or email, to the address at the end of this Policy or in the “Contact Us” section.
13. Do Not Track Signals
Browsers or devices may include ‘Do Not Track’ functionality. Our information collection and disclosure practices, and the choices that we provide to visitors, will continue to operate as described in this Policy, whether or not a Do Not Track signal is received.
14. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from users of our Site who are under the age of 16. No personal information should be submitted to our Site by individuals who are under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected information from someone who is under 16, we will take steps to delete the personal information as soon as possible. Individuals who believe we may have collected personal information from someone under 16 should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Changes to this Policy
16. Contact Us
World Head Office
4275 Executive Sq
La Jolla, CA 92037